Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Same Old NEW About Me for HSKS 13

Copied and pasted from last year with a few changes. I'm a creature of habit! :)

The Crafty Things:

Craft: I both knit and crochet. I also kool aid dye. I'm also learning to spin on a little bitty toy wheel spindle.

Fiber: I have no wool allergies, but prefer to avoid the itchier wools, and haven't ever really gotten around too many other animal fibers, like angora or mohair, etc, for fear of allergies. My favorite is merino wool, because it's generally pretty soft and fluffy. :)  I'm also not into felting at all, but I am a learning spinner, so roving in small quantities would be appreciated.

Brand: I'm pretty easy. I like everything from the pretty cheaper stuff (I love Wool Ease and Patons Classic Wool, for example) to Kureyon and so on. I also recently discovered I have a love affair with Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee, which of course is discontinued.  Some yarns I've really been wanting to try are Cascade 220 Wool, Mission Falls Wool (I love their cotton!), anything by Koigu (because they look so gorgeous!), and Fisherman's Wool by Lion Brand. I've also discovered several yarns that are trying to be like Noro Kureyon, with the radical color changes (Bernat's mosaic, for example) I'm open to lots of yarn options, and of course, I love Knit Picks! Who doesn't?

Weight: I love the bulky, chunky yarns. But I love all yarn! (Well, except lace weight, because my HPKCHC OWL is lace weight and I'd rather not look at it anymore...)

Color:  I really love greens and purples. I tend to like the darker parts of the spectrum in both those colors (sage, olive green, etc) but like the lighter ones too. I'm also pretty fond of burnt-orange, brown, and blue (like medium blue). There aren't many colors I don't like, except pink. Hogwarts colors wise, I'm a true Slytherin at heart. :)

Needles: I always want needles! The main thing I can think I need is a set of tips for my Knit Picks Zephyrs, size 5. I have plenty of cables and I think needles in other sizes too...My Needles Library on Rav's needs to be updated!  My small needle area's pretty lacking even now...I have a size 1 sock needle and that's about it until I get above 3. I prefer circs to dpns (magic loop all the way!) and anything I might receive would be awesome. :) Also, I would love to try a crochet hook bigger than a Q. I think they make an S. :)

Types of Patterns: I have a bit of a sock phobia after I spent forever making my first pair (Skew) only to accidentally felt them in my shoes! So I'm on hold for making more socks, but next is going to be Helix.  I enjoy making amigurumi, scarves, gloves, hats, you name it! :) I love knitting magazines!  I have started a Queue Wishlist. My favorites are a dangerous place to browse for ideas because it's a disorganized mess! I'll work on that. :) I have yet to try anything at all by Stephen West and it's a crying shame. His shawls are gorgeous! (I also think I'm becoming a small shawl addict...)

Snacks: I love Dark Chocolate (but I like my chocolate without nuts in it!). I also love mint, so anything with Dark Chocolate + Mint = Win. I don't like peanut butter mixed with chocolate. I also like Wonka stuff like Gobstoppers, Runts, Nerds, etc... all that bad for you candy, and Sour Patch kids and those neon sour worms...yum....I also like coffee (just about anything coffee or coffee flavored), love the little instant mix "coffee" drinks (like lattes and such) hot chocolate (yum!) and tea (any kind of tea, but i especially like fruit related teas!). I've also been living off of the Maxwell House International Cafe line. Literally living at this point...

Other Small Things I like:

  1. Big Buttons for cowls or scarves. Like quarter sized or bigger, and as wild and crazy as you please!
  2. Soak Wash! I love the stuff, I've only tried a few samples that Soak sent me, but so far I love every scent and would love to have some more! I don't have a local yarn shop to get it at. Even little samples would be more than awesome!
  3. Little notebooks for note taking, I can't ever get enough of those!
  4. Tiny lotions or liquid bath soaps, things like Bath & Body Works, Burts Bees, etc. I love Cucumber Melon and Pomegranate anything. :) 
  5. Lip balms, because I can't ever get enough of that stuff either

Allergies:  Wools are fine, but I might possibly have allergies to other animal fibers like mohair, etc, so I tend to avoid those in large percentages. (though I think a small % blend would be fine). Cigarettes, though unless someone smokes right into my package I'd probably be okay. Floral scents in things like candles and lotions tend to make me sneeze like mad. And potpourri too. Ick, I really don't like potpourri. I have no food allergies except the pepper family makes me sneeze. So don't mail me pepper and we'll be all right.

Wishlists: I have a small but growing Amazon list. 

It is current as of right now, so anything on it would be fair game.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment